Question 13 of 16
The answer you chose is highlighted in reverse video. The correct answer is in bold.
If a cell has an adequate supply of adenine nucleotides byt requires more guanine nucleotides for protein synthesis:
- 1. Glutamine-PRPP amidotransferase will not be fully inhibited.
- 2. AMP will be a feedback inhibitor of the condensation of IMP with aspartate.
- 3. ATP will stimulate the production of GMP from IMP.
- 4. ATP will inhibit nucleoside diphosphate reductase..
The correct answer is (A).
- A. 1, 2 and 3
- B. 1 and 3
- C. 2 and 4
- D. 4 only
- E. All four
- 1. The synergistic effect of both AMP and GMP is needed for complete inhibition.
- 2. This assures that the limited amount of IMP formed will be channeled to the production of the guanine nucleotides.
- 3. ATP provides the energy for this branch.
- 4. The formation of dATP is not applicable in this situation.
Return to Question Document
Last modified 1/5/95