Question 7 of 16
The answer you chose is highlighted in reverse video. The correct answer is in bold.
In the catabolism of CTP:
The correct answer is (B).
- A. uric acid is an end product..
- B. nitrogen will be released in the form of ammonia (ammonium ion).
- C. the nitrogen-containing ring will be oxidized.
- D. the final product will have the same type of nitrogen-containing ring as CTP.
- E. hypoxanthine will be an intermediate.
- A. CTP is a pyrimidine, not a purine nucleotide.
- B. Correct. Both the side-chain and ring nitrogens are released as ammonia.
- C. Actually the ring has to be reduced by NADPH in order to be cleaved.
- D. The characteristic of pyrimidine catabolism is that the ring is cleaved.
- E. Not for a pyrimidine.
Return to Question Document
Last modified 1/5/95