Always striving to stay on the cutting edge of library technology, Eccles Health Sciences Library has moved all of its helpful research guides to Springshare’s Campus Guides system, which is the larger, campus-wide version of Lib Guides. This “Web 2.0 content management and library knowledge sharing system” helps libraries “to create attractive multimedia content, share knowledge and information, and promote library resources to the community. Academic, Public, Special, and School Libraries find LibGuides an ideal solution for subject guides, information portals, course guides, community guides, research help, faculty/teacher support, etc.” (from the Springshare website)
CG allows librarians and teachers to quickly and easily organized all types of electronic resources into a single package and present it to students, etc. Its features include:
- Ability to put RSS Feeds, Podcasts, and Videos on your Guides.
- Tagging and categorizing by subjects.
- Polls, Resource Ratings, Comments, User Submissions.
- Templates, Collaboration, Reuse of Content: when a resource (website link, etc.) is added to the CG database it is accessible to anyone using the system. And if you update the resource, the update automatically populates to all other guides using it.
- Link Checker: When you add links to your guides the system automatically checks for broken links a few times per month and creates an actionable broken links report.
- Integration with Del.icio.us and Social Bookmarking: Librarians can easily embed their del.icio.us tag clouds into CG. In addition, users can share their favorite LibGuides on del.icio.us, Facebook, Digg, etc. They can also email CG to a friend.
Current guides available cover a wide variety of topics in the areas of medicine, nursing and pharmacy. New guides are being added as needed. We invite you to browse our collection of guides. Need a collection of resources tailored to your class? Post a comment with your request or contact us via Ask-A-Librarian on our website.