Among the top-quality information resources provided by Eccles Library is STAT!Ref, a cross-searchable electronic medical resource that integrates core texts and reference titles with evidence-based clinical guidance resources from various publishers including McGraw-Hill, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Micromedix, WebMD, Merck Research, and American College of Physicians. Recently, STAT!Ref underwent a user-interface (UI) redesign, and it includes updated search functionality with customized features specifically tailored to your needs. The new UI includes:
- Updated search functionality
- Enhanced access to tools needed to make your research easier – such as Stedman’s Medical Dictionary and MedCalc 3000
- Dynamic ability to quickly download tables, figures and images for presentations
- A powerful search engine that keeps historical track of your research, enabling you to automatically retrieve your “favorites”
- Redesigned layout making it easier to locate resources and find relevant, authoritative, evidence-based information
- Enhanced ease of access to bibliographic citations – such as Refworks and Endnote
- More user preference options that enable enhanced customization
Because this is a subscription-based resource, users need to be affilitates (students, faculty, staff, etc.) of the University of Utah, or access it from an on-campus computer.
Try it here, and tell us what you think!