In the iMedicalApps blog, Tom Lewis reviews the app Papers for the iPad ($14.99), the mobile version of a popular desktop program designed for clinicians, researchers and other medical professionals who need a well-organized way to search, organize and follow the medical literature. Features of this app include:
- 8 built-in search engines for access to millions of articles.
- Download and store PDFs of the articles you read.
- Highlight and add notes to your PDFs.
- Pinch and zoom features native to the iPad.
- Email, print and share a paper with other Papers users wirelessly.
- Stores 5,000 papers.
- Import papers from web-based storage services like Dropbox.
Papers will sync with the desktop version ($79), adding even more powerful literature management.
Papers is also available for the iPhone.
Have you used Papers, either the mobile or the desktop version? Tell us about it!