In association with the Changing the Face of Medicine traveling exhibit, the Eccles Library is hosting a series of events. Please join us on Monday, September 10, 2012 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for the Changing the Face of Medicine: Across Generations, Across Disciplines panel discussion. This event is located in the library’s History of Medicine Room on the upper level (northeast corner). Light refreshments will be served at 10:15 a.m.
The panel is being moderated by Harriet Hopf, M.D., Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Director of the University of Utah’s School of Medicine’s Women in Medicine and Science Program.
Local panelists include:
- Lisa Cannon-Albright, Ph.D., Professor Biomedical Informatics and Director of Genetic Epidemiology Division
- Lauren Clark, R.N., Ph.D., Professor, College of Nursing
- Kathleen Digre, M.D., Professor of Neurology and Ophthalmology, School of Medicine
- Karen Gunning, Pharm.D., Associate Professor, Director of the Primary Care Pharmacy Residency, College of Pharmacy
- Tricia Hauschild, MD, Resident, General Surgery
The National Library of Medicine exhibit, Changing the Face of Medicine: Celebrating American’s Women in Health Care, is on display from August 23 to October 7 on the main level of the library. The exhibit is an interesting examination of the women who have made a difference to the health and well being of the American public. Discover the women who have made a difference to general practice, public health, research, surgery, and more by visiting the exhibit. Open daily during regular library hours.