The Spring 2013 issue of eSynapse, the newsletter of the Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, is available online.
The Spring issue highlights two special people:
- Joyce A. Mitchell, recently retired Chair of the Department of Biomedical Informatics and this issue’s Library Champion
- Blake Plumb, Computer Technician and recent addition to the Eccles Library Systems team, who is highlighted in the Introducing column.
Don’t miss From the Director – Jean Shipman reviews Library changes as we move from collecting books to people.
Do click on the link to the Reflections on the Changing the Face of Medicine Exhibit and Events article. Joan Stoddart reviews the four special programs held at Eccles Library in association with the National Library of Medicine exhibit.
Erica Lake, Associate Director of the Hope Fox Eccles Health Library, recounts two years of success and outreach at the Health Library.
Other articles of note:
- read about the Center for Medical Innovation now housed on the Library’s Garden Level
- read a summary of a funded proposal to build awareness of sex and gender bias in research
- learn more about the interprofessional simulation experience for students
- find out the surprising results of a Library technology survey
- discover online resources from the National Library of Medicine’s History of Medicine Collection
Services we want you to be aware of that are detailed in this issue include:
- NIH Public Access Policy Update
- Get It Now – article delivery service
- Research Data Management, Sharing and Ownership Workshop
- Eccles Express: Short Course Series
- Mayden Lecture and Workshop
- BioMed Central partial funding available for authors
- Stop by the Library to enjoy Utah Landscapes, a photography exhibit featuring works by Steven Leitch
Questions can be directed to the newsletter editor:
- Jeanne Le Ber; 801-585-6744 or email@example.com