The Fall 2014 issue of eSynapse, the newsletter of the Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, is available online.
The Fall issue highlights two special people:
• Rachel Hess., Professor of Internal Medicine and director of the University of Utah’s Health System Innovation and Research Program, is this issue’s Library Champion
• Lisa Spencer, Library Specialist, is highlighted in the Introducing column.
Don’t miss From the Director – Jean Shipman talks about the new garden level spaces and using information tools to demonstrate your impact.
Join us at InfoFair 2014: Women’s Health Sex & Gender Research Conference: September 3 from Noon-4:30 p.m. in the EIHG auditorium and atrium. Poster, panels and keynote speaker Carolyn Clancy, M.D., Interim Under Secretary for Health, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs discusses evidence-based care for women veterans.
Tallie Casucci summarizes the highlights of the DiGRA 2014 conference held at Snowbird this past August. Both Tallie and Jean Shipman presented on the Library’s collaboration with the Center for Medicine Innovation and The GApp Lab.
Erica Lake reviews details about the recently installed interactive information station. Patients at the Sugar House Center can remotely connect to a librarian at the Hope Fox Eccles Health Library to get their health questions answered.
Other articles of note:
• Learn how to measure, articulate and expand your impact.
• Librarians attend three-day evidence-based workshop in Denver in July
• Two new online resources have been added to our list of databases: ClinicalKey and VisualDX
• AND MORE . . . .