Administrators can use this topic to register (i.e. create logins and user topics) for a group of people in one batch.
Unlike normal registration the administrator is assumed to have correct e-mail addresses for the users, so no verification is required.
Note that the new users are not notified that they have an account. This is so you can prepare and verify the accounts before announcing them.
To announce them use the BulkResetPassword
feature: this will assign a new random password and notify users.
Bulk Registration usage
Note: this is an administrator job - only admistrators can run this.
If you are administrator, you will take these actions:
- (First time use) Create new bulk registration topics (see Settings below).
- In the REGISTERTOPIC topic: create a table of new users. An example table is provided below to copy.
- Return to this topic and press the button "Bulk Register" to create the new topics.
- Read UnprocessedRegistrationsLog to verify if all has gone well.
- When you are ready, use the BulkResetPassword page to assign passwords and notify the users of their new accounts.
Below are the details.
- Define where to pick up the table of users to register. It can be in any web, but defaults to the Main web.
- Use this to define where to log the bulk registration process. It will be saved to the Main web.
- Set this to 1 to make the bulk registration overwrite any existing user topics. By default, existing user topics are left alone.
- Set OVERWRITEHOMETOPICS = 0
The user table
This table is a template for user data that will be written to the new user topics. If you stick to these basic fields you can just use the first example below. If you want to write more data (like phone number or country) read the section Customizing user data
field is not included, then use the BulkResetPassword
topic to assign new passwords. If a password is included, it must be a valid password (> minimum length, etc.)
The following should be inserted into your UnprocessedRegistrations
as a table. This is the most simple format:
| FirstName | LastName | Email | WikiName |
| Test | User | email@example.com | TestUser |
- Copy this text to your clipboard
- Click through and paste this on UnprocessedRegistrations.
- Add and customize entries, save table. Note that the first row must not contain bolded entries, so don't apply any formatting.
- Return here
Customizing user data
You can write additional data to the new user topics. Do this by enhancing the user table with additional field names as table headers.
Any fields you define in this table will end up in the User's topic. If a form (such as UserForm
) is attached to NewUserTemplate
then the data will go in as META:FIELDS, meaning that you can use SEARCH formfield constructs to search.
If you use the UserForm
then ensure that it contains all the fields you define here. Otherwise they will disappear when the user edits their home topic!
LoginName - Required if the system is configured to
AllowLoginName (Commonly referred to as the UserName).
Email - If not provided, you must set a password, or password reset will not be possible.
Password - If not provided, set passwords later using BulkResetPassword.
Confirm - If provided, it must match the
Password field. If missing, it will not be checked.
Customized table example
Make sure that the extra fields also appear on the UserForm
| FirstName | LastName | Email | WikiName | CustomFieldThis | SomeOtherRandomField | WhateverYouLike |
| Test | User | firstname.lastname@example.org | TestUser | A | B | C |
Report for Bulk Register
- PranayAsai has been added to the password and user mapping managers
- Writing topic PranayAsai
Related topics: AdminToolsCategory