Administrators can use this topic to register (i.e. create logins and UserTopics?
) for a group of people quickly.
Create a table in the REGISTERTOPIC named below, setting each row to represent each user and each column to correspond to the metadata.
Then press the button on this page to perform registration for those users.
Unlike normal registration the administrator is assumed to have correct e-mail addresses for the users, so no verification is required.
Note that the new users are not notified that they have an account. This is so you can prepare and verify the accounts before announcing them.
To announce them use the BulkResetPassword
feature: this will assign a new random password and notify users.
Bulk Registration usage
Any fields you define in this table will end up in the User's topic. If a form (such as UserForm
) is attached to NewUserTemplate
then the data will go in as META:FIELDS, meaning that you can use SEARCH formfield constructs to search.
If you use the UserForm
then ensure that it contains all the fields you define here. Otherwise they will disappear when the user edits their home topic!
- Define where to pick up the table of users to register
- Use this to define where to log the bulk registration process. It needs to be a topic name in this web.
- Set this to 1 to make the bulk registration overwrite any existing user topics. By default, existing user topics are left alone.
- Set OVERWRITEHOMETOPICS = 0
The following should be inserted into your REGISTERTOPIC as a table.
| FirstName | LastName | Email | WikiName | CustomFieldThis | SomeOtherRandomField | WhateverYouLike |
| Test | User | email@example.com | TestUser | A | B | C |
To use this:
- Make sure that the Custom fields appear on the UserForm
- Copy the above table to your clipboard
- Click through and paste this on UnprocessedRegistrations, save the topic and return here.
- Click the Bulk register button below
- Read UnprocessedRegistrationsLog
- When you are ready, use the BulkResetPassword page to assign passwords and notify the users of their new accounts.
- The first row of the table dictates the heading format and that the fieldnames must be plain, i.e. must not contain bolded entries.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the fieldnames appear in the UserForm
- Only administrators can run this.
Report for Bulk Register
- MarkMoster has been added to the password and user mapping managers
- Writing topic MarkMoster
Related Topics: AdminToolsCategory