Welcome to Foswiki! This is a TWikiSite
(pronounced twee-kee site
), a meeting place to work on common interests. Anyone can contribute using any web browser. Foswiki looks like a normal Web site... except that it encourages contribution and editing
of pages, questions, answers, comments and updates.
Mission: "TWiki is a leading-edge, web-based collaboration platform targeting the corporate intranet world. TWiki fosters information flow within an organization; lets distributed teams work together seamlessly and productively; and eliminates the one-webmaster syndrome of outdated intranet content."
"Wiki" systems are fundamentally editable web pages. It's a fun and useful way of communicating asynchronously over the web for many existing intranet and public Internet sites. TWiki is simple to learn and use. It aims to provide a transparent way for you to publish and exchange your ideas with others over the web.
How TWiki Works
- Browse This is a site like other sites. Read and follow interesting links.
- web: A TWikiSite is divided into webs, each one represents an area for collaboration. Your site has the following webs: Main | System | Sandbox
- topic: Each web is made up of hyperlinked topics (TWikiTopics) that appear in your browser.
- WebChanges: in each TWiki web to find what's new
- Write Speak your mind! From your browser you can change or add to anything you see in a TWiki topic. Use regular text, HTML or TWikiShorthand. To contribute:
- Create An Account To be able to edit or write new content, you'll need to create an account for yourself. It's simple, and only takes a minute. TWikiRegistration This will also create your personal home page.
Edit at the bottom of any topic and make your changes
[ Preview Changes ] at the bottom to verify the topic (use your brower's
Back button if necessary)
[ Save Changes ]
- Don't worry! It can be scary at first to change "public" content. Please just try it. Revision control keeps all content, nothing is lost. For special cases, access control is available yet you may find you don't need it in most cases. You'll soon see how successful WikiCulture works in this kind of collaboration environment. This is new. Just try to relax.
- Experiment Edit your personal page or visit the WebHome web.
- Link To link to another topic, start by editing an existing topic.
- To create a link to an existing topic type its
JoinCapitalizedWords name. WikiWords (two or more capitalized words run together) link automatically.
- To create a link to a new topic, enter a newly
- When previewing, the links show and "?" (question marks) are used to create topics.
- Another way to create a topic is to type its WikiWord in the Go box or URL.
- Topic history click
Diffs at the bottom of a topic
- Attach files click
Attach to upload and attach any type of file.
- Organize: You can learn to use TWikiForms and FormattedSearches to include topic information - for example, classify pages by subject, status, or date.
- Learn more TWikiTutorial is a 20-minute tour of TWiki essentials. WikiReferences links to selected articles and books about Wiki technology and online collaboration.
- Web browser used to create and edit topics
- Automatic linking HTML not required
- Search topic names or full-text (regular expressions available)
- Revision control for changes (who, what, when) for topics and attachments
- Access control using users and groups
- Email notification of topic changes
- File attachments upload and download any file to any topic similar to email attachments
- Warnings for simultaneous topic editing
- Plug-in via TWiki's flexible architecture using templates, skins, plug-ins and add-ons to customize everything
- Development active with growing set of features in TWiki releases and plug-ins
- Strong community for support of users, administrators and developers
- Read more about TWiki at http://TWiki.org/
Foswiki Site Map
|| || |
|You can use color coding by web for identification and reference. This table is updated automatically based on WebPreferences settings of the individual webs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a separate collaboration web for your team. See also AdminToolsCategory.
| Legend of icons:
= Go to the home of the web
= Search the web
= See recent changes in the web
= Subscribe to get notified of changes by e-mail