Do you want to elevate the transparency, reproducibility, and replicability of academic research output? Are you passionate about improving health outcomes by identifying the best available evidence? Then considering joining our team!
The Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library at the University of Utah seeks an enthusiastic, proactive, service-oriented, and collaborative individual for the position of Assistant or Associate Librarian for Evidence Synthesis. In partnership with researchers and librarian colleagues across campus, the Evidence Synthesis Librarian works with students and faculty to develop workable research questions and protocols, create and document expert literature searches, validate and peer review information retrieval strategies, advise on review standards and methods, support citation management, and co-author manuscripts based on completed reviews. The Evidence Synthesis Librarian may also collaborate on practice guidelines, scoping reviews, narrative reviews, rapid reviews, clinical evidence summaries, and knowledge synthesis projects that directly inform clinical practice or support new and ongoing funded research.
- Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library school or other relevant accredited graduate degree
- Expert literature searching experience, particularly using MEDLINE/PubMed, Embase, Cochrane CENTRAL, and other key databases and grey literature resources
- Familiarity with evidence synthesis search methodologies, guidelines, and standards, including the NAM Standards, PRISMA, and the Cochrane Collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively to promote teamwork among colleagues
- Passion for service to the profession and academia, and a commitment to developing a scholarly profile
- Flexibility and adaptability for work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfort learning new technologies and processes
- Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace and community
- Willingness to teach faculty, staff, and students and create curricula
For more information see the full job description: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/102767