[featured_category cat_name=”sustainability” postsperpage=”1″ offset=”0″]
[categoryposts cat_name=”sustainability” cat_slug=”sustainability” postsperpage=”3″ offset=”1″]
[faq-toggle title=”Mission” color=”gray”]
The role of the Eccles Health Sciences Library Sustainability Committee is to assist EHSL in meeting the University of Utah’s sustainability mission to create a culture of students, faculty and staff who are socially, economically and environmentally responsible.
[faq-toggle title=”Resources” color=”gray”]
[bookmarks category=6965,6966,6964,6967 category_orderby=id][/bookmarks]
[faq-toggle title=”Goals” color=”gray”]
- To promote and implement sustainability initiatives
- To facilitate awareness of sustainability issues
- To encourage broader involvement in sustainability efforts
[faq-toggle title=”Objectives” color=”gray”]
- Where do/can we recycle various materials?
- Is our current recycling effort effective? Is stuff getting recycled?
- Energy Conservation
- Signage and reminders – turn off the water, the computer, your monitor, the lights – signs and slides on monitors
- Sustainable Campus Initiative Fund (SCIF) – investigate grant funding of our ideas
- Request a new EHSL energy assessment.
- Green Office Certification
- Promoting sustainability – publicize on panels with slides, on-boarding information, regular awareness raising efforts, programming
[faq-toggle title=”Areas of Focus” color=”gray”]
- Equipment and Supplies
- Recycling and Composting
- Energy and Water Use
- Travel and Transportation
- Communication with Campus and Beyond
- Green Education and Training
[faq-toggle title=”Membership” color=”gray”]
EHSL with invitation to other units in the building to join in the effort with communication to the firstname.lastname@example.org list
[faq-toggle title=”Current Members” color=”gray”]
[authoravatars roles=administrator,editor whitelistusers=joang,nancyl,robertmillsap,pstroh,brandonpatterson user_link=authorpage display=show_name,show_biography order=display_name,asc avatar_size=116]
[faq-toggle title=”References” color=”gray”]
- Jarvis, C, Gregory, JM, LeBer J. Making it Easy: Green and Sustainable Library Event Planning. Medical Library Association. Chicago, IL, May 19, 2014.
- Gregory JM, Nichols K, Wilson M. Building Sustainable Partnerships: Libraries as Partners In Creating and Supporting Campus Green Teams. Medical Library Association, Chicago, IL, May 18, 2014.
- Nichols, KE, Gregory JM, Willson M. Libraries as Partners in Creating and Supporting Campus Green Teams. Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education. Nashville, TN, October 7, 2013.
[faq-toggle title=”Survey Results” color=”gray”]
PDF download of the full survey results (click on the image below) or view in your browser