COVID-19 Testing – Spring Semester
ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF
For symptomatic or confirmed exposure (via contact tracing)
University students, faculty or staff with COVID-19 symptoms or confirmed exposure should call the University of Utah health and testing hotline at 801-587-0712 or visit https://healthcare.utah.edu/coronavirus/reserve-test/ to schedule an appointment through University of Utah Health.
Students, faculty and staff can also visit the state’s coronavirus site at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/testing-locations/ to find additional testing locations.
U of U Health faculty and staff with COVID-19 symptoms or confirmed exposure should call work Wellness at 801-581-2227 (select option 1) before returning to work.
Read details for All Students, Faculty and Staff (including healthcare works)
COVID-19 Vaccine Progress & Availability
Eccles Library Services Updates
This page contains relevant information related to the Eccles Health Sciences Library current operations and response to the COVID-19 pandemic including updates to operations, access to online resources, and other helpful links.
- COVID-19 Eccles Library Services & Hours
- COVID-19 Eccles Library Services Status
- COVID-19 Eccles Library Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- COVID-19 Updates for Eccles Health Sciences Education Building (EHSEB)
- Live Chat/Help/Reference, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, Open a Chat
- Phone help: Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm, 801-581-5534
- Text help: Monday-Friday, 9am – 3pm, 801-903-2182
- Email us: via our Ask EHSL Form
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm, limited to University of Utah affiliated patrons only
- Saturday – Sunday, closed
- 24/7 card access for health sciences students, fellows, post-doctoral students and residents
- All Levels open
- Access is through the Main Level.
Exit through any door.
- THE Studio open by reservation only
- Library Services Status
Holiday closures & reduced hours
U Libraries COVID-19 Guidance
We are working to ensure the University of Utah teaching and learning experience remains exceptional. As we continue to support remote teaching and learning, we are developing a phased approach to reopening and resuming access to in-person services when it is safe to do so.
- J. Willard Marriott Library
- James E. Faust Law Library
- McKay Music Library
- U of U Libraries Services Status
Contact Us From Home
Our chat services are available Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
- Chat with EHSL: Open a Chat
- Call Us: 801-581-5534
- Text Us: 801-903-2182
- Email us: via our Ask EHSL Form
Search our catalog for electronic and physical resources. If the item you are interested is available as an electronic copy, the e-version will be supplied to you in place of the physical copy. Email us with the title, author, and year of publication of the item(s) you are interested in or call 801-581-5282.
Students Who Need A Laptop
University of Utah students who need a laptop sent to them, should email Union Services Desk with their name, UNID, phone number, and mailing address. A library laptop will be mailed out within two business days.
On-campus Wireless Access – UConnect
Access on-campus wireless network via uconnect.
Checked Out Materials
If you have left the state and are not returning in the fall, please let the circulation team know and we will work out a way for you to return them.
Books and other items are now allowed to have extended due dates. Please let the circulation team know and we remotely extend due dates within reason.
Research & Instruction Support
We will continue to support requests for new electronic materials to be added to course reserve during the closure period, and we will be able to fulfill requests for document delivery electronically during this period as well. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com regarding course reserve or regarding interlibrary loan and document delivery.
- Off Campus Access – Most library resources are available to current University students, faculty and staff from home or other remote locations. Login with your uNID and get easy access to library resources — article databases, e-journals, and e-books.
- Research Databases A to Z – We offer access to thousands of books, articles, images, charts, and primary sources for all your research and project needs.
- Online Journals
- Research Guides are available to assist you with research, information, and reference
Due to COVID-19, all of our study rooms are reduced to an occupancy of 1 (one) only. Due to staff restrictions and remote working, all study rooms are first come, first served, and are to remain unlocked at all hours. To alleviate demand, we have opened additional study rooms throughout the library. Study rooms available for use are: 209 (upper level), 29, 30 and 006 (lower level).
Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio
The Tree of Hippocrates Education Studio is opening on a reservation-only basis August 3. THE Studio will be open for reservations Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm. Library patrons may reserve THE Studio in advance here.
THE Studio COVID-19 Guidelines
- NO ENTRY for those with COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours
- ONE (1) person limit within the THE Studio
- 6-FOOT distancing
- WASH HANDS upon entry and exit to and from the space
Before and after every studio session, library and custodial staff will perform a full cleaning of THE Studio’s equipment and space.
Ask Us (library chat and email, off-campus access information, research consultations, and other questions)
For library information, call:
University of Utah Police: