FULL PROGRAM AND ABSTRACTS ONLINE
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH, USA
Salt Lake City is a wonderful place to visit and meet new friends as well as network with familiar faces. We will be based at the University of Utah at the foot of the mountains with light rail access to downtown. June is a wonderful time of year to enjoy the valley and mountains.
June 26 - 27, 2007
Join us in Salt Lake City at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center for hands-on OR lecture/demo tutorials. You can explore in depth new techniques and tools with an international group of experts. There is a fee for these half and full-day pre-workshops. We will use the new Health Sciences Education Building which is within walking distance of the three housing sites we have reserved for attendees on different budgets.
June 28 -30, 2007
This year we will have the meeting in the new award-winning Health Science Education Building. This wireless (and ethernet) facility opened in 2005 and is state of the art for clinical skills, labs, distance ed, team learning as well as classrooms of every size. There is space for auditorium talks, electronic posters, paper posters, computer and handheld demonstrations, breakout sessions and panels.
Keynote Speaker June 28, Geoff Norman, McMaster University, Canada
Principles of e-Learning: Lessons from Cognitive Psychology.
Keynote Speaker June 29, Fran Rabuck, Consultant, Philadelphia, USA
The Socialization of Technology, Education and Medicine: Driving Forces in a Hyperlearning Environment.
- Annotated Videos
- Standard Definition DVDs and HD-DVDs
- Web 2.0 Technologies for Teaching and Learning
- Interactive Simulations with Captivate
- Digital Photography for Documenting Educational Technologies
- Moodle: The Open-source Virtual Learning Management System
- Instructional Design for the Medical Educator
- Captioning for Web Video
- Teaching with Student Response Systems
- Podcasting / Videocasting
- Multiple-Choice Tests Using Patient Vignettes and Multimedia,
- Virtual Microscopy
- Flash Video
- Tour and Operation of a Multidisciplinary Clinical Skills Center
- MedBiquitous Virtual Patient Standard
- Developing a Website
The 19th Slice of Life Workshop
for Multimedia Developers, Educators, and Evaluators
Why You Should Attend
- A unique group of multimedia educators and developers gather each year to explore, share and evaluate new technologies in health science education.
- This diverse group includes deans of medical education, course directors, educational technologists, resource center staff, programmers and web developers.
- In addition to the educational sessions there are opportunities for networking during the conference social events.
- Finally, either before or after the conference you can explore the state with the most national parks and varied geological formations.
The Last Chicken Show